Time for some progress! I’ve been really busy with work lately, but I also have found some free moments to work on boat things. First, I recovered the bunks for my boat trailer. The old bunk carpet had worn through. I got some new carpet made specifically for trailer bunks (the part the boat rests on when it is sitting on a trailer).
The carpet bunk got me motivated on a warmish day to finally pour in the foam to get ready to seal up the floor. It was a hilarious afternoon. I mixed the foam, poured it into the hole and waited for things to happen. The foam started to grow but not as quickly as I thought it would. So, I started to mix another batch. By the time I did this, the first batch really started to grow. In fact, I now had a filled hole and a growing bucket of foam. By the time I was done I had a huge bucket of foam in a cardboard box and foam growing out of my boat like a creature from a 50′s horror movie! I was laughing the entire way. I was laughing so hard that Susie came out to see what the commotion was about.
I have trimmed the foam back down and am ready to fiberglass over the opening. After that, the next step will be to lay down carpet.